Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my link, I will earn a commission. This is provided at no extra cost you.
If I could name a million reasons why you should start a blog – I most certainly would!
Today I am going to share with you 20 reasons WHY you should start a blog.
If you’re looking to start your own blog, I recommend going self-hosted. It’s going to be one of the best investments you could make!
In order to have a self-hosted WordPress blog you need to choose a host to host your blog.
Who do you use to host your blog?
I use Siteground to host Hello Tegan. I could not recommend a better host. Hosting starts at just $3.95 per month (less than your daily cup of coffee). Siteground offers 24 hour support – no matter where you are in the world, they’ll always be there to help!
Siteground also have an uptime of 99.999% which means there’s a very minimal chance of your blog ever going down – woohoo!
Click here to join Siteground today.
20 Reasons Why You Should Start A Blog
1. You OWN your blog. Yes, you heard me right! You 100% own your blog – no questions asked (unless of course you’re starting a blog with a friend, partner or family member). The best feeling about starting a blog is that you get to call it your own lil’ home.
2. A chance to connect with other bloggers from all over the world. One of the best things is to connect with bloggers from around the globe – it is an awesome feeling and the blogging community is full of amazing people.
Related post: 10 Facebook Groups to Join for Bloggers
3. A chance to HELP people. The content that you write could help people and that’s all thanks to you.
4. Writing content that you love to talk about. If you have niche/topic in your mind that you could talk about non-stop go ahead and write about it. I guarantee there will be lots of people who are in the same niche or love to read about the topic you’re writing about.
5. Build connections with your readers. One thing that I love is to build a connection with all of my readers, after all they’re reading, sharing and loving your content. I feel so rewarded and blessed whenever I get to build a connection a new or existing reader.
6. Create shareable, click-worthy content. Who wouldn’t to create content that can be shared with people all over the world. It’s an amazing opportunity for your content to get read and shared.
7. Having your readers thank you for creating awesome content. It’s such a great feeling when your readers are delighted and thank you for creating content that is valuable to them.
8. Getting to build trust with your readers. The feeling of having your readers trust is so important.
9. Creating content that you know will be valuable.
10. Finding a place that feels just like home. I don’t know about you, but I certainly get a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I logon to my blog – it feels like home and it feels pretty darn good!
11. Being able to write. I don’t know about you, but writing feels so calm and peaceful. I could write all day long – without rambling too much of course!
12. Being able to find and inspiration from other bloggers.
13. Feeling happy. When I started blogging I felt incredibly happy and blessed. I wish I had started blogging sooner rather than later.
14. Being able to spread a positive message to your existing readers and new readers.
15. Having a sense of hope and encouragement from your readers. Yes, it’s fantastic and it feels great.
16. Customising the way your blog looks and feels. No one can tell you how you want your blog to look and feel and I think that’s a great thing.
Checkout my recommendations page to find useful tools and resources to help customize your blog.
17. Sharing your story and life experiences with your readers.
18. Creating opportunities. Yes, creating a blog can help you create awesome opportunities for yourself. You can land sponsorships and connect with some pretty cool brands.
19. Earn an income. With a lot of hard work, time and dedication you can earn an income from you blog. Pretty cool, huh? While earning an income from your blog doesn’t happen over night, it sure can happen.
20. Being able to work from home or anywhere! Did you know that your blog could be your own business? You blog could set you up and allow you to work from your home or anywhere for that matter.
Have you started your own blog? If not, what’s stopping you?